High Performance and Scalability
For the world's largest and most complex computing environments, the Lustre™ file system redefines high performance, scaling to tens of thousands of nodes and petabytes of storage with groundbreaking I/O and metadata throughput.
More on Lustre performance, service, and support at the Lustre product page
Lustre Group is hiring!
The Lustre group is currently hiring for multiple positions in the Engineering team. Details available at the Oracle employment website, keyword 'Lustre'.
The newly-created lustre-community mailing list is used for "meta" discussion related to Lustre development, such as how feature design, code development, patch contribution, and landing is coordinated. For more information and to sign up, see Lustre Community Mailing List.
We are pleased to announce that Lustre 2.0.0 is GA and available for download. This is a community-only release. Upgrades to 2.0.0 are not supported for production 1.8.x sites.
Lustre 2.0.0 provides support for OEL 5, RHEL 5, SLES 10 and 11 (client only), and Fedora 11 (client only). This release offers a number of significant features and enhancements, including Changelogs, Commit on Share, Lustre_rsync, and Size-on-MDS (preview). Lustre 2.0.0 supporting documentation includes the Operations Manual, Release Notes, and Change Log 2.0.
Lustre 1.8.4 is GA and available for download. Lustre 1.8.4 provides support for OEL 5, RHEL 5 and SLES 10 and 11, offers several minor improvements, and provides a number of bug fixes. Learn about the 1.8 family of features - Adaptive Timeouts, OSS Read Cache, OST Pools and Version-based Recovery and why you should upgrade.
LUG 2010, our annual user group meeting, was a huge success, featuring a Lustre Advanced User seminar and two days of presentations on select Lustre features, upcoming enhancements, site-specific experiences using Lustre, and more. Links to LUG 2010 presentations are now available.
- Download Find out about released and pre-release versions of Lustre and download free open source software.
- Learn Find out about Lustre current and upcoming features, publications and training.
- Use Access information about installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting Lustre.
- Contribute Access guidelines for contributing code and testing Lustre along with developer resources and tools.
- Get Involved Find out about the Lustre User Group, community projects, Lustre Centers of Excellence and more.