The Lustre™ file system redefines I/O performance and scalability standards for the world’s largest and most complex computing environments. Ideally suited for data-intensive applications that require the highest possible I/O performance, Lustre is an object-based cluster file system that scales to tens of thousands of nodes and petabytes of storage with groundbreaking I/O and metadata throughput.
Interoperability, Features and Roadmap
These resources detail Lustre releases and plans.
- Lustre Support Matrix lists supported kernels and networks for current Lustre releases.
- Lustre 1.8 describes features and benefits offered by upgrading to the 1.8 branch of Lustre.
- Lustre 2.0 describes features being developed for this next-generation release of Lustre.
- Lustre Roadmap provides estimated code freeze and GA dates for upcoming releases.
A number of papers, presentations and publications are available for Lustre. Use these resources to learn about the benefits offered by Lustre and plans for future development.
Lustre Projects and Future Features
To learn about active Lustre projects that span releases, or are features that are not in Lustre 1.8 or 2.0 releases, go to this Lustre Projects page.
Training and Internals
Lustre training is available from Sun Microsystems.
- Lustre training, Administering Lustre Based Clusters (CL-400), is available from Sun Microsystems.
- Lustre Internals (formerly part of Lustre advanced training) are also available, covering complex, code-level transactions.
Implementing Applications in a Lustre Environment contains information on achieving high performance applications IO with the Lustre file system.