Access guidelines for contributing code and testing Lustre™ along with developer resources and tools.
Contributing to Lustre
- See for information about how to select a project, find a bug to fix, help with Lustre testing, or contribute to the Lustre user documentation.
- Read the Lustre Contribution Policy and sign and return a Contributor Agreement.
- Join, post to, and search Lustre mailing lists for developers, administrators, and users.
Developing your code...
- See Accessing Lustre Code for how to download Lustre code.
- See Building Lustre Code for how to install and build a working version of Lustre.
- See Applying Lustre Patches to a Kernel for how to apply Lustre patches to an unpatched kernel and how to modify an existing kernel patch.
- Follow Lustre Coding Guidelines to avoid problems when merging your code.
- Use the Lustre Documenting Code guidelines to add reference documentation to your Lustre code contribution.
Debugging and testing your code...
- See Testing Lustre Code for procedures to verify that your code works before you submit it.
Submitting your code...
- See Submitting Patches to find out how to submit your changes to be reviewed for acceptance into a mainline Lustre branch.
- Lustre Design Documents provides access to presentations and design documents describing Lustre features currently under development by the Lustre engineering team.
- The Lustre Design Document Archive contains older architecture and design documents including feature and architectural descriptions, high-level design documents and detailed-level design documents.
- Lustre Subsystem Map describes each of the subsystems in the Lustre code.
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions or comments about how you can contribute or about any of the procedures on this page, please let us know.